Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jealousy

I think that Rudyard Kipling knew what he was doing when he wrote the poem "If". It Reminds me a lot about some of the simple truths that I found out on my own and would have like to have been told. Although I doubt that I would have listened to them all if I had been told them. It sounds like the kind of poem that a father gives to to his troubled sun, followed by hugs from the whole family. like this picture!( being smothered by the ones you love, and not enjoying it, but afterward knowing that they did it because they loved you and being grateful for it)

I really like the line "If you can bear the truth you've spoken." The line really touched me, and reminded me that I am going to have to bear everything I say, and do, and if it is something negative it will only weigh me down more instead of trying to lift me up. I think that it was a very well written poem, and I am jealous that I do not have that much skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment